9th June 2014
Welcome back to school for the month of June, our final month of a very busy and quick school year! The following is our monthly newsletter to keep you informed about Kilcoskan NS.
Ciaran Caulfield, Principal.
· Welcome back and congratulations to Teacher Amy who was recently married. Best wishes also to Teacher Aisling who will be getting married shortly.
· Well done and thank you to our staff who completed the Mini Marathon (without even breaking sweat!) in aid of our school. Thank you also to all parents who sponsored the ladies. All in, over €750 was raised.
· School tours: 3rd – 6th class pupils will be going on their tour tomorrow. Pupils will meet at the school at 7.45am sharp.
Infants – 2nd class will be going on their tour on June 13th. Normal school hours will apply for this tour and other details have been provided already by class teachers. Pupils in our special classes recently had a great time at Dublin Zoo.
· Sports day is scheduled for Monday 23rd June, moving to 24th June if the weather is bad. Parents are welcome from 1pm.
· School reports and booklists will be issued to all parents on Monday 23rd June. These will be collectable from the school reception.
· Sunday Market: Reminder that this Sunday 15th June we will hold our annual Sunday Summer Market from 11.30am – 5pm. Please drop in (ASAP) any gifts you might have for stalls, hampers and raffles etc. Cakes for the cake stall can be brought to the school on the Sunday morning.
· 6th Class Pupils: Best wishes to our departing 6th class pupils for whom a small graduation ceremony will be held on the last day of term, Friday 27th June.
· School closure for summer holidays: Last day of term is Friday 27th June and school will reopen for all pupils on Monday 1st September.