The following is our monthly news update to keep you all informed of the goings on in Kilcoskan NS for May.
Mr.Ciaran Caulfield, Principal
• Congratulations to our school football team who have qualified for the finals of the Fingal Football League. The final will be played on Tuesday 13th May in Parnell Park. Kick-off is 1.15pm and all pupils from 1st – 6th class will be brought to the match by coach. Parnell Park is also charging admission fees for every child. Therefore, we ask for €4 from all pupils in the above classes towards the cost of this transport and entry to the finals by this Monday at the latest. We anticipate having all pupils back at the school for collection next Tuesday by approximately 3pm.
• First Holy Communion: takes place this Sunday in St.Margaret’s Church at 11am. We have had a disappointingly low number of pupils volunteering from 3rd – 6th class to sing at this mass which will host only Kilcoskan NS pupils making their Communion. We ask again for more volunteers to sing with the choir this Sunday at 11am.
• Confirmation photographs: All 6th class pupils who made their confirmation are asked to wear their new / Confirmation clothes to school tomorrow, Friday 9th May as our school photographer is taking additional photos as ordered. These additional pictures are necessary due to the rainy weather after last Thursday’s Confirmation.
• Trocaire Boxes: Please return these to the school for collection by next Friday 16th May 2014.
• Summer Tours: Junior Infants – 2nd class tour will take place on June 13th. Further information and dates for senior classes will follow next week.
• The Great Kilcoskan Summer Fair 2014: Will be held on Sunday June 15th. At the moment school staff are organising the fair but we’ll be asking for additional help from parents very soon!
• Joe Crowe Cup: Our annual local community Gaelic football blitz between ourselves, St.Margaret’s NS and Mary Queen of Ireland NS will be held on Friday 30th May at 1pm.
• Parents Association Speaker: Psychologist Mark Mulrooney will be giving a talk at the school to which all parents are invited next Tuesday 13th May from 7pm-8pm.
• School closure: Reminder that school will close at the end of this month on Friday 30th May and will reopen on June 9th. Normal school times apply on 30th May and June 9th.