31st March 2014
This is our information note about the goings on in Kilcoskan NS for the month of April. (It’s being sent out today, the last day of March, as we couldn’t possibly send out a note on April 1st, parents might think we were only joking about all sorts of important matters!)
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Principal
· Friday closure: As previously communicated school will close this Friday 4th April 2014 for all pupils to facilitate a staff training event.
· Easter closure: School will close for the Easter break on Friday April 11th at 12 noon and reopen on Monday 28th April at 9am for a full school day.
· Sacrament of Confirmation: Service of Light will take place next Monday 7th April at 7.30pm in St.Margaret’s Church. All 3rd, 4th & 5th class pupils will make up the choir for the evening. See specific class notes issued today for further information. Dates for your diary – Confirmation: Thursday 1st May and First Holy Communion: Sunday 11th May.
· Infant induction: Thanks to all parents who attended our recent induction morning for our new September 2014 junior infants class.
· Old clothes collection: This week the Parents Association are organising a collection of clean old clothes, shoes, belts etc. Please drop in black sacks of any old clothing etc. which you may have. We are also collecting mobile phones. Money raised from the clothing collection goes towards the purchase of history, geography and science teaching equipment.
· After school activities: Tin whistle and chess club have now finished. Football continues after school on Wednesdays in St. Margaret’s complex and hurling training continues on Thursdays after school. For the next 2 weeks hurling training will be onsite here in Kilcoskan. We will provide you with a term 3 after-school activities timetable when we school reopens after Easter.
· Sports leagues: Well done to our boys and girls in their league progress with both football and hurling.
· Chess blitz: Our chess club will soon be visiting Rolestown NS for a chess blitz – date to be confirmed.
· Irish dancing and music: well done to our infant pupils and our tin whistlers who represented Kilcoskan NS in New Park Care Centre recently, performing some traditional Irish music and dance. It was enjoyed by all!
· Easter egg hunt: Thanks to our Parents Association who will be organising and helping to make the treats for our great Kilcoskan Easter Egg Hunt 2014, to be held Wednesday 9th / Thursday 10th April!