18th January 2016
By now we are all well settled back after the holidays and refreshed for the new year ahead! Well done to our new infants who continue to do great after their first term in “big school”! Below is the KNS January 2016 news, updates and reminders.
Is mise le meas,
Mr. Ciarán Caulfield, Príomhoide
· Pupils from 1st - 6th class please return the swimming form to let us know if your child will be joining us in the Blanchardstown Aquatics Centre by this Thursday.
· After school activities for 1st – 6th class are listed on the reverse of this page.
· Infants: if you would like a professional photo taken of your child in uniform for the mantelpiece please see attached letter from Des, our school photographer.
· Reminder: School tracksuit days are Tuesdays and Fridays. When swimming starts up, swimmers can wear their tracksuits on Wednesdays too. All other days are full uniform days – with dark shoes, no pink runners please!
· Soccer: Unfortunately our FAI soccer coaches have cancelled their sessions until future notice, citing bad weather. We hope they might return after Easter to complete their programme.
· Dates for your diary: Parent - teacher meetings are scheduled for the 9th and 10th of February. These will run from 2.40pm until after 5pm both days with parents allocated 10 minute slots. Further information on this to follow next week.
· Peace Proms Choir: Our choir members from 3rd-6th class will perform at the RDS concert on Saturday 6th February. Members will need to be in the RDS from 11am but more information on this will be provided to relevant parents next week.
· Credit Union Quiz: Two teams of 4 pupils from 4th - 6th class will be representing Kilcoskan NS on Friday evening, 29th January, in St.Declan’s NS, Ashbourne. Good luck!
· This time last year we collected over a tonne of batteries and earned €1000 for our school, thanks to a whole school collection and major help from 3 very generous dads! This year again we’re going to collect batteries so from tomorrow, please feel free to send your child in with any used ones.
· So to sum up, after all the excitement before Christmas our pupils are back in class now working towards the quiz and choir as above, some are participating in the Texaco art competition and the Blue Star European project...plus our whole school theme from now until February midterm break will be friendship and anti-bullying.
Happy new year everybody!
Kilcoskan NS After School Activities for Term 2 January – March 2016
20th January 2016
Below is the menu of after school activities for this coming term in Kilcoskan NS. Thanks to our super staff who provide each of these activities. Again this term all participants in our after school programmes must pay €1 per week, in advance, to cover school costs. This term’s activities are:
· Tuesdays for 6 weeks, starting 26th January, 2.40pm-3.30pm: Absolute beginners guitar and singing class. Open to first 8 pupils from 3rd – 6th class who return the permission slip and €6 in clearly marked envelope. If more than 8 pupils apply names will be drawn from a hat. Pupils must have their own guitar with 6 strings, weekly.
· Wednesdays for 3 weeks, starting today 20th January, Peace Proms Choir practice for relevant pupils from 3rd – 6th class. €3 to be paid this week.
· Wednesdays for 10 weeks, Gaelic Football starting February 3rd, 2.40pm-3.30pm: open to all pupils 3rd – 6th class. €10 to be paid in advance, this will also help towards referee costs but does not include possible bus rental for away matches (if and when we might need them.)
· Thursdays for 10 weeks, Hurling starting January 28th, 2.40pm-3.30pm: open to all pupils 3rd – 6th class. €10 to be paid in advance, this will also help towards referee costs but does not include possible bus rental for away matches (if and when we might need them.)
· Thursdays for 6 weeks, starting 28th January, 2.40pm-3.30pm: Absolute beginners Spanish speaking and singing class. Open to first and second class pupils only, who return the slip below with €6 in clearly marked envelope.
Be sure to complete, detach and return the after-school activities form below and return with money fee ASAP to book your child’s place.
In term 3 we’ll have basketball to look forward to too!
My child__________________ wishes to participate in______________, ________________ and ___________________. I enclose a fee of___________________. Signed:___________________ Date:_______________