We are fast approaching the end of another really great school year in Kilcoskan NS. As well as the day to day top quality teaching and learning, we’ve had the harvest fair, Halloween and pancake parties, a Christmas concert, multicultural month, a 6th Green Flag award, loads of after school activities, our super book launch, raised €1000 for a tonne of batteries, planted the first native trees in our garden and put up playhouses, been on tours, we MOVED INTO OUR BEAUTIFUL NEW SCHOOL (!!!) had football leagues and a hurling blitz and lots, lots more!!! So, thanks to all involved for making it such a successful and indeed historic year for KNS, the best little school in Ireland! A formal opening and blessing of the school is planned for the Autumn. Below is the final list of news and information for this school year.
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Priomhoide.
• KNS Annual Sunday Market is on this Sunday, 21st June 2015 from 11.30am – 4pm. Please come along and support the market in aid of our school. There’ll be stalls, tea and cakes, raffles and lots of fun. Please drop any final prizes / cakes / bric a brac etc. to school on Sunday morning before 11.30am.
• Dads Day Challenge: will be held at the Sunday market from 1pm. For a minimum sponsorship of just €5 dads can take part in a series of fun challenges (similar to the TV show The Cube) to win a first prize of some Waterford Crystal!
• Recent Kilcoskan NS We Are Writers book launch: thanks to all who came along to support our recent book launch. It was a great afternoon and well done to all who wrote a piece for the book. All copies of the book are now sold out.
• Well done to Mr.Brennan on another successful hurling blitz, now in its 4th year. This year our hurlers hosted pupils from 2 Gaelscoileanna and a North inner city DEIS school in the blitz, held in St.Margaret’s GAA complex. Thanks to all who helped, including the barbecue chefs!
• With the nicer weather, as per previous years all pupils may from now to the holidays wear navy or dark shorts any day.
• Kilcoskan NS Sports Day will be held as previously announced next Wednesday 24th June in St.Margaret’s GAA Complex. All parents are asked to drop their children to the GAA grounds from 9am and no earlier next Wednesday and to collect them from there at the usual home times. A reminder note with set-down arrangements for St.Margaret’s GAA complex will be issued on Tuesday. Pupils should wear their tracksuit for the sports day – but may accompany this with navy or dark shorts. As we’ll likely be outdoors for the full day sun cream and caps are advisable too. Pupils should bring lunch and an extra drink for the day. If next Wednesday is very wet we’ll move the event to Thursday. Parents are welcome at sports day from 1pm.
• 6th class graduation service will be held on Monday evening, 29th June at 5.30pm. All 6th class pupils and their parents are invited to attend for a short service and some cake! Well done and best wishes to our departing 6th class pupils.
• An end of term outdoor disco will be held at the school on Monday evening, 29th June from 7pm – 8.30pm, weather permitting. All pupils at all class levels are invited to this event which will cost €1 per child. The 5th & 6th class disco committee are donating all monies raised to Barnardos. If the weather is poor, we’ll hold the disco in school on Tuesday morning, the last day of term.
• Book lists and pupil reports will be issued to parents towards the end of next week.
• Best wishes to Muinteoir Amy who will be going on maternity leave from the end of this school year. Best wishes also to Muinteoir Valerie and Muinteoir Muireann who have been with us since January last. Muinteoiri Clodagh agus Aisling will be returning in September.
• School will close at 12pm midday on the final day of this school year, Tuesday 30th June. Kilcoskan NS reopens for all pupils at 9am on Tuesday September 1st, when we’ll all be refreshed and tanned, ready do it all over again!
• Happy summer folks!