A Thuismitheoiri / Dear Parents,
The following is our monthly newsletter to keep you up to date with the goings on in Kilcoskan NS.
Best wishes / Is mise le meas,
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Priomhoide
• Harvest Fair: set for 10th October 2014. Parents are welcome onsite from 1pm and we will have tea, coffee, cakes etc. on sale. Any monies raised will go towards developing our new school garden. Needed: bakers, fruit / veg. donations, raffle prizes etc.
• Reminder: 40km cycle in aid of resources for our school taking place this Saturday morning – all welcome, enquire at reception for further details.
• Infant coffee morning: Wednesday 15th October from 9-9.40am. A chance to meet with Teacher Amy, have coffee and talk about life in our infant class.
• Well done to our 5th/6th class pupils who participated in the recent Finglas Community Garda Football Blitz. Our girls team reached the final and both teams did our school proud.
• Our school building project is progressing well. Thanks to those who are patiently resisting the urge to use our set-down and turning area which is due for full completion shortly. Once markings and signs are in place, all will be welcome to use the facility. Please do not walk on the road / set-down area as this is dangerous.
• Fingal County Council road re-surfacing works: we understand that Fingal Co.Co. will be resurfacing the R130 road (which our school is on) over the next fortnight or so. Works next week are scheduled to go from the Thornton Hall Bridge side up to close to the school. We believe that traffic restrictions by Fingal Co.Co. will be in place.
• Collection times: infants, 1st & 2nd class: pupils to be collected from the main front door. Pupils in 3rd – 6th class to be collected from the pedestrian gate.
• Parents Association AGM: Scheduled for Monday October 20th at 7.30pm. There’ll be a review of the year, a new committee elected and by request, I will talk about the progress of our school building project.