17th May 2018
Here is our school newsletter for this month, to keep you in touch with the goings on in KNS. We hope everybody is enjoying the nice weather.
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Priomhoide
· Best wishes to our 2nd class pupils who will be making their First Holy Communion this coming Sunday in St.Margaret’s Church. The ceremony starts at 11am. Monday is a normal school day for 2nd class pupils – we ask that all First Communicants wear / bring their Communion cloths to KNS on Wednesday next for a class photograph.
· Best wishes to Teacher Valerie, who has now started her maternity leave. Teacher Aoife will teach 1st & 2nd class until the summer.
· Child Protection: school will again close at 12pm for all pupils on Friday 1st June to facilitate further Child Protection training for all staff, in line with Department of Education requirements.
· Feet First Friday happens every Friday from now until the summer – we meet at the Coolquoy Lodge at 8.45am to walk to school.
· Food Dudes programme: This is currently underway in KNS – we are encouraging our pupils to develop a taste for a wide range of healthy foods.
· New infant induction visit to KNS: Wednesday 13th June from 10am – 11am.
· School books and resources lists for next year, along with pupil end of year reports will be issued to parents on Friday 22nd June. This gives one week for parents to seek any feedback etc. from class teachers, before the summer holidays.
· Thanks to the KNSPA and all who handed-in clothes for our recent clothes collection.
· Our whole school themes from now until the summer: Green Flag Environmental Education and Active School work. On Friday 8th June we will launch this year’s KNS Fitness Fortnight with a whole school marathon relay. The marathon will run in partnership with our KNS Parents Association. It will involve our pupils each running a short leg of a marathon and when we add up all the full distances run at the end of the day, hopefully it’ll add up to 42kilometres! We will issue sponsorship cards for this on Monday.
· Well done to our 5th & 6th class pupils who will represent KNS at Ireland’s first Young Philosophers Awards tomorrow in UCD.
· Well done to all pupils who sent in short videos for our recent Gaeilge celebrations – we showed them all at a recent assembly and they were all super - Maith sibh go leir!