December 2017 KNS Newsletter
21st December 2017
Dear Parents / Guardians
As we approach the Christmas holidays and reflect – wow, what a quick term this has been in KNS! We’ve had of course lots of class learning – and sports day, Harvest Fair, coffee mornings, our Haunted House, our Christmas Carols Concerts, 3 new teachers on-board and much more besides!
Thanks to all for supporting KNS this past term. We really value our close, positive and trusting relations with you, our pupils’ parents. Thanks also of course to our KNS Parents Association for all their volunteer support.
Below are just a few short notices to keep you informed in advance of term 2.
Nollaig shona agus athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh go leir!
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Priomhoide – Ho Ho Ho!
- · Teacher Trish, school Deputy Principal is now on maternity leave until September 2018. Acting Deputy Principal during this time will be Teacher Eoin.
- · Teacher Ana is the new class teacher in our junior special class.
- · We are delighted to welcome Terri back to reception. Terri and Susan will continue to work “front of house” as secretaries into the new year.
- · Well done to our school choir who sang 2 weeks ago in Charlestown Shopping Centre Finglas. We were delighted this morning to give a cheque for €300 raised by our choir to Temple Street St.Michael’s B Ward – the Temple street ward for sick babies.
- · Well done also to our 5th & 6th class pupils who sang for the residents of Newpark Care Centre last week. 5th & 6th class will be starting a project with the Newpark residents in the new year.
- · And finally on the singing front…a huge well done to all our pupils for singing so well in our recent Christmas Carols Concerts. Thanks to all parents, grandparents and well wishers etc. who came along and bought raffle tickets etc. All funds raised will go towards supporting your child’s education in Kilcoskan NS.
- · Mr.Laurence Skelly is the new Chairperson of the KNS Parents Association. Congratulations to Laurence on his election to this important role and best wishes.
- · Finally, tomorrow Friday 22nd December 2017 is the last day of term. School closes for all at 12pm and will reopen on Monday 8th January 2018 at 9am for a full school day for all.