A Thuismitheoiri – Dear Parents,
Everybody is settled back into school well at this stage and the term is progressing well. Each month we issue a news and information update letter so below are the key points for October.
Is mise le meas,
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Priomhoide
• The Great Kilcoskan Charity Cycle: This Saturday 10th October at 10am our brave cyclists will depart the school on our 40km route in aid of yard equipment. Thanks to all who have signed up so far and to those who have sponsored the cyclists. If you’d like to join us and still haven’t signed up it’s not too late – just let us know at reception. Thanks to the Finglas Gardai who will be escorting us on the cycle and keeping us safe (and within the speed limits!!!) All sponsorship from parents is especially welcome on our sponsorship card at reception.
• Harvest Fair 2015: Scheduled for next Friday 16th October. Pupils can dress up on the harvest theme for the day and we’ll have our annual whole school conker competition and other fun and games. All pupils can bring in conkers immediately for practice and to share (and if some of them are strung even better). Parents will be welcome to avail of our onsite coffee and cake shop, which will also stock other nice harvest treats to purchase. This year our Harvest Fair will be extra special too because at 12.30pm 2 soldiers from the Irish Army will visit to present Kilcoskan NS with a new Irish tricolour flag and a copy of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic in preparation for our 2016 centenary commemoration of the Easter Rising.
• Parents Association AGM scheduled for Tuesday 13th October in the school at 7.30pm.
• On Friday 23rd October we will have our annual Kilcoskan NS Halloween Party complete with haunted house, fun and games. Thanks to our Parents Association who have helped out with this over the years. Pupils can come to school in Halloween fancy dress on this day - but replica guns / knives etc. are not allowed.
• Midterm break: School will be closed for the week from Monday 26th October – Friday 30th October inclusive. School reopens on Monday 2nd November for a full, normal school day.
• School Parking: thanks to all for parking and driving in such a safe manner around the school and for now using our set-down area appropriately. Please continue to prioritise road safety and respect for our school neighbours at all times.