1st September 2015
A Thuismitheoiri / Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to (or back to) Kilcoskan NS! We hope you and your child had a great summer and that everybody is fully refreshed and ready for the school year ahead. Towards the start of each month there will be at least one monthly newsletter for parents, which will be sent home with pupils and also uploaded to our website www.kilcoskan.com – just click on the news button (top right hand corner of the screen, which takes you to the overall school news blog). The school calendar for the year ahead is printed on the reverse of this page and below are some procedural matters to start us off on the right foot. Best wishes to all our new junior infants starting school for the first time and of course best wishes to the rest of the gang for the year ahead.
Is mise le meas,
Mr.Ciarán Caulfield, Principal
- · The school yard’s pedestrian gate opens at 8.50am daily for all pupils. The bell goes at 9am. Parents dropping pupils to school after 9am must drop them to the front door and sign them in. Junior infants for this week only go home at 12pm and from next week all infants go home at their normal time of 1.40pm. The rest of the school finishes at 2.40pm daily.
- · At home time, infants will now be collected from the yard’s pedestrian gate. Pupils will line up here at 1.40pm daily to be collected by parents. The shelter will be used if it’s wet.
- · Only official school transport for our pupils with Autism or for a child with a physical disability may park in the set-down area. For all other vehicles the set down area is for quick drop off use only, not collections. The set down area is inside school grounds and for pupil safety it must be well managed. Parked cars will be told to move on.
- · All pupils’ uniforms, pencil cases, books etc. must have their names clearly marked on them.
- · The school has a healthy lunch policy, with a small treat allowed on a Friday. Warm drinks must be in an appropriate flask. The school does not re-heat pupil lunches. In preparing lunches parents must adhere to this policy.
- · Please ensure that your child’s fees are paid promptly, in a marked envelope, ideally by this Friday 4th September. Receipts will be issued for all payments made. If parents wish to pay in instalments arrangements must be made before this Friday. Pupil packs are scheduled for issue next Monday so please ensure that payments or arrangements for payment with the school have been made by Friday. Thank you.